Beauty | Highlight and Contour 101

21:13


Highlighting and Contouring can be such a tricky one at times, never knowing the angles, what products to use and such, therefore I decided to do a photo guide to how I contour and highlight. This is an easy and simple step by step especially for beginners and those that are still looking for different ways to highlight and contour. 


Step 1

Using my blending sponge, I apply my highlight of choice which is the Kevin Aucoin Sensual skin Enhancer in SX11, a little does go a long way with this product. I apply it in the places that I want to highlight, especially in pictures and or in natural lighting. Make sure the product is thoroughly blended as if it is not sometimes it creases quite easily. 


Step 2

Taking my Ben Nye powder in shade Banana, I apply this on right where i placed the highlight, under the eyes, bridge of my nose, my chin and my forehead. This works as a setting powder it helps the concealer not crease or rub of throughout the day. I generally leave this on for a couple of minutes before brushing of the excess powder with a powder brush.




Step 3

After brushing of excess powder, I proceed to contour, this helps bring out cheekbones slim the nose a little and in general helps create a shape. when contouring it is good to know the shape of your face and then studying to know what to want to highlight, which is bringing out and knowing what you want to hide which is contouring. The Sleek Contour kit is also a very good option and this is what I used along with the Real techniques contouring brush, I used it on the hollow of my cheekbones, my forehead and on my nose just to give it a slimmer effect. Remember to always blend everything together as to get rid of all harsh lines created whilst highlighting and contouring. This is the last step to my Contour and highlight, once you have the hang of it, knowing your face shape and the angles, contouring and highlighting is an easy process, there are many dynamics to this method as well, this is just one that I find is doing the most for me at the moment. 

Final Look






Hope everyone is well, and hope you enjoyed this post, till the next one!

PrimroseE'leiko

Twitter - PrimroseEleiko_
Instagram - PrimroseEleiko

x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. gorgeous blog and pictures :)

    check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! Your makeup is gorgeous and the good quality of your images really shows it off! I've always been keen to try some Kevyn Aucoin products! <3

    aisforayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I am a die hard Kevin Aucoin fan

      Delete
  3. love your lipstick. such great photos, really love this!

    em x

    emtalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images